Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What the Chief Commissioner’s Badge Means to Me - Reflections by Erica

It is an honour to receive the Chief Commissioner's Badge. I was motivated to take the test as far as a year ago. I wanted to prove to myself that I could be among the handful of Brownies to receive this prestigious award.

I thought strategically of what projects I had to do for the posters. I put all my creative juices together and combined them into one delicious concoction of a scrapbook. Before the oral test, I rehearsed diligently. This helped me keep my composure during the the actual presentation to the testers.

How time flies! I was selected to present the History of Singapore Guiding to our Chief Commissioner, Mrs. Chua Yen Ching. I had a few butterflies in my stomach but they flew away the moment I started my presentation.

As I received my award, I couldn't help but feel proud of myself that I had it in me to accomplish all the wide ranging tests to earn the badge.

Doesn't hard work pay off? Yes, if it comes with smart work!

No comments: