Monday, March 16, 2009

Reflections of a Sixer - by Alexis

It is always a pleasure to be helped, but it is an even greater pleasure to help somebody else. This is what we Brownies believe in. We see helping others as our duty. I have learnt how to put others before myself since I joined Brownies in 2006, at the young age of nine. I have also learnt how to be thrifty, responsible, and have learnt what the true meaning of being a dedicated Brownie is through serving others. Being a Brownie has helped me develop my leadership skills. I, being a Sixer myself, know the great responsibility that is bestowed upon us when we are appointed this position. Besides leading our Six during meeting time, Sixers and Second Sixers also conduct Pow-wow sessions, teach the Tweenies new songs and simple skills like tying the reef knot and disseminate information to the other Brownies and Tweenies. Brownies are a group of determined and kind-hearted girls who are always ready to lend a helping hand to those in need. I will try my very best to be a good role model to my fellow Brownies so that they too will be good role models to the future Brownies.

~ Alexis (Pixie)

No comments: