Thursday, March 12, 2009

On the Morning of March - Reflections by Carolyn

On the morning of 7th March, my fellow brownies and I, led by Ms Koh, went on a hike from HortPark to HarbourFront Station. It was raining at 7.30am in the morning but luckily the rain stopped before we started walking. First, Ms Koh asked us to write down the name of some of the plants and their characteristics. While I was writing, I could feel the freshness of the air around me. Next, we went to Alexandra Arch and then we proceeded with the forest walk. The walk was very tiring and my legs were aching by the time we reached the top. We were rewarded with a break and some Girl Guide cookies at the top. Soon we were off again. This time we went to the hilltop walk and later we proceeded to Henderson Waves. It is named this way because it curved like a wave. It was very interesting as there were resting places every few steps. When we reached the end, everyone was perspiring. Luckily, we took an MRT back to SCGS and it was good as there was air-con in the MRT. I was proud of myself for I would not have thought that I could finish this walk.

~ Carolyn (Sprite)

1 comment:

kon said...

I agree with what carolyn said. with perserverance and determination to do something, nothing is impossible

:D
Konstanze tan